Clear your past and present clutter to create a new relationship in your life
“Five days after my Interiors Therapy consultation I achieved an outcome I had waited over two years for – and a bonus of £18K! A couple of weeks later I met the man of my dreams.” Emma Fraser, West Midlands
A powerful combination of practical support and coaching
Preparing for your consultation
After booking a clutter consultation, Suzanne asks that you review the following notes in advance of her visit to make the most of your time.
Before the day:
- Collect as many sturdy reasonably sized cardboard boxes as possible and thick tape to seal them.
- Invest in at least 60 strong refuse bags with handles. Cheaper ones will rip.
- Check the address and opening times of the local council waste disposal site and a local alternative should the nearest one be closed.
- Check local charity shop opening hours and whether weekend donations are accepted.
- Use Google search to enquire whether charities can collect large donations and furniture from your home.
- Be prepared for a 15 minute break during the morning and afternoon.
- Please prepare a healthy lunch in advance to make the most of a brief lunch period.
- Get your partner/family involved if applicable. Suzanne can only assist with clearing clutter when the owner is present and engaged with the process.
- If you have pets, consider relocating them for the day to prevent escape as doors may be propped open whilst clutter is removed.
- Shifts in energy associated with clearing clutter can be unsettling. During the process be prepared to feel a little light headed or emotional. You will adjust very quickly.
On the day:
On arrival Suzanne will ask you to show her around your home and clarify what you want to achieve and your priority rooms/areas for the day. You should then be prepared to get straight to work. Suzanne will be with you for the agreed time.
In order to manage your Interiors Therapy expectations, if you have a lot of clutter it is going to take more than a day to physically remove your ‘stuff’ once you have decided it no longer has a place in your life. Remember it’s taken you a long while to collect it, so be kind to yourself!
Suzanne will guide you through your clutter clearing and provide you with tools to continue clearing your Interiors Therapy in the coming days. If you feel this will be a very big task and want swift results, Suzanne recommends booking two consecutive days to make an impact.
You will be encouraged to take regular breaks, eat a healthy lunch and drink lots of water throughout.
Suzanne recommends moving clutter away from your home as quickly as possible.
At the end of the day there will be a brief progress review. Suzanne will ask you to plan and write down the next actions towards your clutter free life. A 30 minute follow up coaching Skype call is part of the consultation to celebrate your achievement and set future goals.
*For clients who have booked a two day Consultation, the second day starts with a briefing before moving on to more clutter clearing. The physical demands of clutter can be draining for both client and coach, and therefore the second day will be a maximum of five hours.